Autumn can be hard on our skin. The sudden transition from long, warm summer days to cold, dark autumn days can catch your skin short, leaving it feeling dry and out of sorts.We've put together our top five tips for keeping your skin hydrated this autumn, to keep your summer glow all year round!
- Add Bestow Beauty Oil to your daily routine. The Beauty Oils contain linoleic acid, which is a special fat that keeps you skin nourished and protected from the inside. The best way to take your oils is to add it to delicious, nourishing food!
- Soak your skin morning and night to replenish the moisture often lost to indoor heating and the cooler outdoor temperatures.
- Next time you run out of moisturiser, swap to a slightly heavier consistency to give your skin the protection it will need for winter. (If you're struggling with finding the right moisturiser, chat to our skin expert Jenny using the live chat feature to the right and she'll be able to make a few suggestions for you!)
- Increase your intake of vitamin A sources by eating more food such as pumpkin, sweet potato, carrots, eggs and leafy greens. Vitamin A keeps your skin strong and moist.
- Get your zinc levels checked with a simple taste test from your local pharmacy or health food shop. Our soils are low in zinc and it is a key nutrient for skin health.